Follow the Counseling Department and the CCC!
Facebook: SSHS Counseling
Is there a university that you would like to learn more about?
Come by and fill out a College Visit Request so Mrs. Wigdor can schedule the colleges you want to see!
Click here for a UC overview.
Click here for UC Application Info.
- Ask for teacher and counselor recommendations if it is required - Fill out Brag Sheet & give 2 weeks' notice
- Have you already taken the ACT or SAT? Go to collegeboard.org and actstudent.org to sign up!
- Decide what schools you want to apply to! Think about Safe Schools, Match Schools, Reach Schools
- Research Requirements and Deadlines! UC and Cal State Application deadlines are 11/30
- Start writing your personal statement
- Attend College Visits in the CCC and Tour College Campuses
- File the FAFSA
- Consider how you will pay for colleges - Come in to the CCC to learn about Scholarships and FAFSA.
HELPFUL WEBSITES: * admission.universityofcalifornia.edu * csumentor.edu * californiacolleges.edu * fastweb.com * scholarships.com * fafsa.ed.gov * affordablecollegesonline.org * collegeboard.org * mycollegeoptions.org Scholarship Search.
If you need a letter of recommendation from your counselor, fill out the Brag Sheet. Letters of recommendation take two working weeks to be completed.
UC Colleges 11/1 - 11/30
CSU Colleges 10/1 - 11/30
Moorpark College 3/1 is the first day you can apply for Fall admission.
Private and Out of state schools check with individual schools.
Plan for College: The Action Plan from the College Board is a recommended timeline for students to follow.
If you are not sure what you want to study in college take a look at the College Majors & Career Profiles.
Finding a College
Applying to College. Helpful information on the application process and essay skills.
If you need a TRANSCRIPT for college applications or for scholarships, you must request them with Mrs. Banks in the Counseling Office. Make sure to get an extra “unofficial” transcript for you to keep and photocopy for scholarships that don’t require an “official” one. Once you ask for it, you must return within three days to pick them up or she will throw them away and you will not be able to get another one for a month. After applying for college, all schools want a final, June Transcript.
Come into the CCC to find out more about the scholarship opportunities below.
Search for Scholarships
California Private Colleges
Information on admissions, housing, tours, links to UC and Cal. State web pages and more.
- CSU Information
- Click here to apply online with CSU Mentor
- CSU Eligibility Index Calculator
- Early Assessment Program(EAP)